Friday, February 3, 2012

It's Friday...

The word challenge has come to mind a lot this past week.  Life is full of challenges.  Sometimes there are several challenges in one work day...  Sometimes our relationships face unexpected challenges...  One minute all is well and the next we are just not sure.  We can suddenly feel so insecure.  "Will I be able to complete that project on time?", "How does that person really feel about me?", "How am I ever going to be able to pay all the bills?", "What if the results to that test are not what I hope to hear?", "What if, what if, what if...?".  "What if I am not strong enough...?"!

Last year a friend gave me the Devotional Jesus Calling by Sarah Young.  It is written as if Jesus were speaking directly to me.  It always amazes me how many days I need to hear exactly what is written.  Today was one of those days.  "When you feel anxious, know that you are focusing on the visible world and leaving ME out of the picture." 

I know I tend to be a "fixer".  I take it all on and try to "fix" it all...  Often times I forget to talk to God first, to seek His direction, to wait on His guidance.  Then, I wonder why I am overwhelmed, why the challenge seems bigger than I can handle...  Philippians 4:6 Do not be anxious for anything, but in EVERY situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  How cool is that?  He cares about EVERYTHING to do with us!! 

He is there... waiting... to hear from us!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment