Saturday, February 18, 2012

Saturday Morning...

I love Saturday mornings!  The one morning I can "sleep in"!!  Not that I ever do.  BUT, I don't have to get up and get going, and I LOVE that!!  This morning I was laying in bed and thinking of what I would do with my morning.  For those of you who have checked out my "other" Blog, you know I am hooked on Card Making.  Of course, thoughts of the cards I would be creating today were swimming around in my head...  let's see, six Birthday cards, how many Challenges can I work on while creating the cards...  what papers and stamps will I use today...  Oh yeah, I also need to clean the house...  hmmm...

So, I started the day with my devotional book Jesus Calling by Sarah Young and coffee.

God is so cool!!  This morning's devotional was all about how Jesus is with me (and you), through the ups and downs of my every day...  My life has been a bit of a roller coaster of late and I have gotten off track trying to handle things on my own.  But yes---Jesus has been right here, holding my hand through it all.  I have seen His provision and I am thankful.  He is so faithful!

Psalm 73:23-26 (NIV)

 23 Yet I am always with you;
   you hold me by my right hand.
24 You guide me with your counsel,
   and afterward you will take me into glory.
25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
   And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
26 My flesh and my heart may fail,
   but God is the strength of my heart
   and my portion forever.

I love that God is so personal.  He cares and knows about every aspect of my life (and yours).  As I was looking up the scripture referenced in the devotion for today, one of them is a stamp I purchased and got in the mail JUST YESTERDAY...  Zephaniah 3:17 =)  So, once my coffee was gone, the first Birthday Card I made was with the stamp God wanted me to use!!  Here it is my friends.

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend filled with His presence, His blessings and His love.

No comments:

Post a Comment