Friday, January 20, 2012

Another Faith Filled Friday...

Have you ever thought... "my life is so dull...", "is this all there is...", "...there has to be more than this...", you think to yourself... "I was made for more...".

I'm reading the book Fresh-brewed Life by Nicole Johnson.  In this book, she uses coffee (one of my favorite things) and compares it to life.  She addresses the questions above that I think all of us ask ourselves at one time or another.  We become dissatisfied with our daily routine, our home never feels as "homey" as the neighbors down the street, our job is never as fulfilling as we think it should be, our relationships are flat and we wonder what has changed...  Life can wear us down, life becomes stale, like those coffee grounds that have been sitting too long...  We find ourselves longing for more.

Ever go to a favorite coffee shop and wonder why the coffee is just so wonderful?  It's those freshly ground beans, that feshly brewed coffee - so delicious, so satisfying.  The aroma is so rich, so satsfying.

I know I want my life to be that delicious, that satisfying...  I believe God uses those times of longing, of walking through the valleys of life, of facing dissappointments, of dealing with the pain of loss to draw us closer to Him.  Those times are times that make us realize that life is too big, too hard to face without the love of a MIGHTY GOD!! 
  • Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. (NIV)  Do you believe it? 
  • Matthew 6:33 Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. (NLT)  Do you trust Him?
  • Exodus 33:14 The LORD replied, "I will personally go with you, Moses, and I will give you rest--everything will be fine for you." (NLT)  Do you have faith?
All too often, when I think to myself, "there has to be more than this", I have drifted... drifted away from God, let other things in life take priority, and those things never satisfy!  Let God be God!!  Staying connected with Him through His Word, through prayer, fasting, meditation.  He can and will make all things new, He will breathe fresh breath into your life, only He can deliver that fresh-brewed life that we are all yearning for!  I challenge you (and me) to share that first cup of coffee each day with the one who makes all things new!

No comments:

Post a Comment