Friday, January 13, 2012

Faith Filled Fridays...

Sometimes It Hurts...

Because Jesus died for me...  WOW!!!  Can any of us really take in what it would feel like to send one of our own children (or other family member or close friend for those of us who don't have children), to suffer tremendous pain and then die a horrendous death?  For what?  For others, so that they may benefit??

Talk about hurt...

I have been involved in a church plant of sorts called LifeSong New England.  What an incredible blessing the experience has been!!  There has been a lot of work involved.  A lot of time involved.  A lot of sacrifice involved...  And tremendous blessings!!

In this process I have grown in my own Christian walk.  I have met many people.  I have been blessed to hear people's stories.  I have been blessed to wrap my arms around someone who is hurting.  I have been blessed to hear of someone's personal victory and rejoice with them.  I have been blessed to see God move.  I have been blessed to hold a new life...  With each of these blessings, a little piece of my heart is taken, invested in that person...  Relationships are formed, hopes are shared, love is given, and received...

People come, and sometimes they go, and that hurts...  What keeps me going when I am weakened by disappointment...?  His Grace...  But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. 2 Corinthians 12:9  Will I continue to love...?  Yes!!  We love becuase He first loved us. 1 John 4:19  What do I do when misunderstandings cause heartache...?  Forgive!!  Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone.  Forgive as the Lord forgave you.  Colossians 3:13

Jesus suffered and died on the Cross so that I may have life, eternal life.  Jesus died on the Cross so that you may have life, eternal life.  Embrace that.  Take it in...  Claim it.  Own it.  If you haven't done so already, accept it, accept Him as your own personal Savior.  For God so loved the World that He gave His ONLY Son, that whoever believesin Him may have eternal life.  John 3:16  WOW!! 

Does that mean there will be no more disappointment?  No.  Will life become easy?  No.  Will there be no more heartache?  No...  BUT we will be covered by His Grace, His Love, His Forgiveness.  He will carry you through life's disappointments, life's trials, life's heartaches...  He will give you strength.

Lord I thank you this Friday morning for your Grace, for your Love, for your Forgiveness, for your strength that carries me through.  May I be a Blessing to someone who is hurting today.  May I shine your Love to all I encounter this day...  In Jesus' precious and holy name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment