Friday, January 13, 2012

Faith Filled Fridays...

From Januray 6, 2012 - Just Imagine...

This is an excerpt from a Devotional I read earlier this week posted by Patsy Cairmont:

Yesterday can’t be altered, tomorrow can’t be predicted, and today can’t be controlled any more than I can adjust the sun’s path. While that could make us feel helpless, I find a deep comfort in the knowledge that the one who placed the sun on its course has lit a distinct path for us. The path is filled with purpose and with the potential for interior prosperity: “You will show me the path of life” (Psalm 16:11).

WOW - Just imagine - the God of the Universe has it all under control!!  He knows the details of our every minute!!  We have been taught that.  We who are Christians know that.  Yet, we often find ourselves fretting about the day ahead, the week ahead, what will we accomplish this new year...  Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad thing to have a plan, to set goals (this comes from a planner, a Controller...).  BUT, we need to remember that God is in control.  He is the one driving the bus!!  We can't change the past, we can't know what tomorrow will bring, and we can have a plan for today, but we can not control all that today will bring...

I heard yesterday of a death in my extended family.  This man was a father of 6+ (yes, a baby is due soon).  He was living a full life and as far as I know, did not have any threatening health issues, yet, his time came on a day that I'm sure he had plans... Just imagine... today he might be walking in Heaven.  I did not know him well, but I hope and pray that he knew Jesus.  Are you ready?  Do you know the one who saves?

I used to listen to a song by Audio Adrenaline "This Day" every morning on my way to work.  It was a reminder to give each and every day to God... to seek Him in all that I do... 

So, don't fret about today and all that lies ahead, put your trust in God, honor Him in all that you do, listen for His still small voice, and be in awe as He directs your paths...

No comments:

Post a Comment