Friday, January 13, 2012

Faith Filled Fridays...

From December 30, 2012 - Are you Restless??

When I was young, and very often restless (hmmm..., me??), my mother would quote a certain verse from the Bible to me...  Phil 4:11(b) "... I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.".  I would get so irritated!!  didn't she know I was bored!! 

Looking back from this vantage point in my life (probably the age she was when she would say this) I can so appreciate her words of wisdom!  When I think of her, I never think of a discontented person.  She was always content.  She lived that scripture!!  And because she lived that scripture, she was joyful.  I wish I could say I have lived that scripture.  I will say I am striving to live that scripture.  I seek peace, I seek comfort, I seek stillness...  It is time to embrace that verse and claim it as my own...  Is it time for you to do the same??

No comments:

Post a Comment